This item is considered hazardous material. Orders containing this product will ship ground only. This product cannot be shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, or Territories outside the United States or any International destination. If an order from any of these listed places arrives we will have to cancel this item and it will be refunded.
For use in the KTM Super Duke 1290 motorcycle, the Antigravity Lithium Battery has proven over and over to be trouble free and solid as a rock. If you are looking for a lithium battery to improve starting and for the cheapest way to lose big weight on your KTM then look no further. The Antigravity Battery is made in the USA with the highest quality components and delivers unparalleled performance start after start.
- 990/950/1190-1290 Adv/RC8: You should be looking at the YTZ10-12 Antigravity battery. This battery is too tall for those bikes.
- Super Duke 1290: Either this battery (YT12BS-12) or the YTZ10-12 (same battery but different body size) will fit but in different ways. The battery on this page fits perfectly in width and height, and drops right in like it was made to, but is thinner 3/4" (20mm) front to back and about 3/8" (10mm) shorter on top. This extra space can be helpful for fueling controlers or add on electronics. The YTZ10-12 is the same footprint as stock, but shorter top to bottom.
Stock vs Antigravity Comparisons
- Stock Yuasa Weight: 10.4 lbs (4.7 kg)
- Antigravity YT12BS-12 Weight: 2.5 lbs (1.13 kg) -7.9 lbs! (3.58 kg)
- Stock Size: 5.875 x 3.437 x 5.75
- Antigravity YT12BS-12 Size: 5.875 x 2.75 x 5.125
- Stock Cranking Amps: 200
- Antigravity YT12BS-12 Cranking Amps: 360
- Amp Hours 12
What to expect when mounting this battery in a Super Duke 1290:
- Side to side the YT12BS-12 fits perfectly
- There will be a little room on the top and about 3/4 (20mm) gap at the back of the battery as it is thinner.
- The terminals (+/-) are on top of the Antigravity battery and not the sides like the stock battery so you will need to turn the positive and ground wires 90 degrees to attach them which is very simple and works just the same.
- Ultra-Lightweight and Hight Power Lithium Nano-Phosphate Motorsport BatteryDirect Replacement for the Lead/Acid YT12-BS model yet offers much better cranking amps and saving about 6 pound of weight! Can hold a charge up to a year provided there are no "Parasitic Drains" (accessories that draw power when the bike is off...such as alarms, ECUs, ipods, GPS , heated grips etc...) Built in the USA to high quality standards with unbreakable terminal design.3-Year Warranty----check manufactures website for details (antigravitybatteries.com) Can be used in watercraft up to 700cc
- Excellent of every day use in stock bikes up to 1300cc
- Excellent for direct replacement for stock vehicles using Lead/Acid YT12-BS batteries.
- For Race Vehicle up to 1400cc (water or snow use should use (YT12BS-16)
- Excellent for use in Race Cars of all types including hi performance V-6 motors
- 360 Cranking Amps- (Cranking Amps are the power the battery has)
- 12Ah (Pb Eq) - (Amp Hours are the Capacity of a Battery)
- Right side negative (Super Duke 1290 is Right Side Negative)
Dimensions and Weight:
- USA size: 5-7/8" Length x 2-3/4"" Depth x 5-1/8" hieght (Height is measured to the very top of the Battery)
- USA weight: 2.5 lbs
- Metric size: 150mm Length x 71mm Depth x 130mm (Height is measured to the very top of the Battery)
- Metric weight: 1.13 kg