KTM 690 Enduro/Enduro R/SMC suffer from known and documented problem with weak upper subframe (tank) bolts. This kit minimizes chance of failure of upper subframe (tank) bolts, by preventing free play in lower tank joint and by improving quality and design of upper tank joint.
Kit consists of upper and lower assembly. Sold as kit only.
- Upper bolt caps(qty. 2) are made of AISI 4140 steel, heat treated (for added strength) then zinc coated (rust protection). That makes them virtually indestructible. Size of the head is standard – 27 mm, same as front axle nut. There is M6 threaded hole for OEM bolt holding plastic fairing. Bolt cap is designed to be slim so plastic fairing is not sticking out more then it does when OEM upper bolt is used.
- Upper bolts (qty. 2 + optional 2) are 12.9 machine bolts, zinc coated. These are much stronger then OEM upper tank bolts. 25 mm long, so 15 mm is threaded into the bolt cap, when properly torqued. NOTE: in kits for 2014-2016 bikes additional button head bolts are provided - those are for Husqvarna 701 bikes.
- M6 small washers(qty. 2)are standard M6 steel zinc coated washers. These are used with OEM M6 bolts, that holds side fairings and bolts into the upper bolt cap.
- Lower bushings (qty. 2) are made of strong plastic - polyamide with molybdenum, much stronger then OEM rubber lower bushings, yet gentle enough to be in close contact with plastic tank (rubber OEM upper bushings are kept, because completely rigid tank-frame connection wont be a good thing). Slightly different size, so they fit better.
- Sleeve(qty. 1) is made of AISI 304 stainless steel, without internal thread.
- Lower bolt (qty. 1) design is only difference between kit for 2008-2013 and 2014-on bikes. For 2008-2013 bikes high quality M8x140 allen head 12.9 zinc coated bolt is provided. For 2014-on bikes custom M8x154 mm hex head 10.9 zinc coated bolt is provided.
- Washers (qty. 1) are standard large M8 steel zinc coated washers and nut (qty. 1) is standard M8 steel zinc coated safety nut.