The Rottweiler Intake System for the Super Moto 990 (Includes 990 R/T also) is hands down one of the best modifications you will find in terms of performance. Opening up the big KTM twins intake will gain you more horsepower than an exhaust system ever will at a fraction of the cost and it will feel like you just upgraded to a larger engine package. Maintenance becomes a snap and it gets even easier with the use of our different pre-filters. 3 stages of specially made open cell foam ensure that you are getting the best in breathability and filtration for your engine. Add to that our signature sound that originally created the Rottweiler brand name and within a little installation time, your big twin has been transformed into the beast it was always meant to be. On all models, you can also expect a 6 lb (3.6 kg) weight savings with the removal of the SAS and Evap canisters systems using our SAS Stage 1-3 systems. That's almost another horsepower in weight savings alone.
These do not come pre oiled for shipping purposes. We reccomend No Toil Oiling kits for both our intake filters and pre filters.
Benefits of the Rottweiler Intake System:
- The most cost effective horsepower gains on the market. About $30 to $40 (US) per HP vs $100 to $200 for an aftermarket exhaust.
- Dramatically reduces the jerky 'on-off' throttle response of the big twin. Mountain roads and tight traffic become a joy again.
- Full tri layer foam element on all sides of the filter including the top, not just one side, aiding in air velocity optimization and overall filter surface area.
- The outer layers of foam provide optimum filtration and load-up capacity while the inner layer is made of special self-extinguishing filter foam. Together, they give the best combination for air flow, engine protection and safety.
- Specially made 'Super Tough Nylon' base plate weighs in at 1/2 that of aluminum material and significantly reduces the transfer of engine.
- No tools needed to change or remove the filter. Removed in seconds.
- Weight reduction of 1.6kg (3.5lbs) just by replacing the stock airbox with the Rottweiler Intake.
- Removal of the stock airbox frees up an enormous amount of space in the front of the filter than can be used for accessory storage like HID ballasts, ignition controllers and such that were previously difficult to package.
- Serviceability of the throttle bodies becomes drastically less difficult to get to.
- High quality lifetime Buna N 'X' rings seal off the throttle bodies in 4 places.
- Adds a wicked sound that while docile at cruising speeds, barks with authority when cracked open.
- All necessary hardware included.
Suggestions upon installation:
- It is advised but not mandatory to remove the emissions hardware when installing a Rottweiler Intake System. The part where the Secondary Air Injection (SAS or SAI) attaches to the stock air-box is removed with this installaton and if the installer wants to keep the SAS/SAI on the bike (rare), you will need to attach a small filter to the leftover hose. See our SAS Stage kits for block off kits.
990,950,950SE Installation Instructions