The Great Basin is Giant Loops Premiere Biomorphic Horseshoe Shaped Rackless Saddlebag. The unique shape allows for fitment on virtually any type of motorcycle. Manufactured from virtually indestructible 100% Waterproof 22 oz. vinyl coated polyester reinforced with ballistic nylon, the Great Basin can take a licking and keep on ticking. The large 100% Waterproof Zipper along the top gains access to the 3 RF Welded Waterproof Inner Liner Dry Pods with Purge Valves without removing the bag from your motorcycle. We all have years of personal experience riding with Giant Loop Products and can't endorse their items enough. Their products are perfect examples of functional necessity. Giant Loop's Luggage is modular in its design affording you multiple packing options. Use Pronghorn Straps to attach any of their Dry Bags such as the Tillamook, Columbia or Rogue to your Great Basin or double up on ultimate storage by adding either the Fandango or Diablo Tank Bags.
“The best hard-core saddlebag and tank-bag solution we’ve found is from Giant Loop... There are cheaper solutions to carrying stuff, but these American-made pieces have been over mountains and across deserts with no issues.” — Cycle World Magazine
- 68+ liters of packable volume (68 liters with three full waterproof rolls, more with one roll to seal out dust)
- Set of 3 RF welded waterproof inner liner Saddlebag Dry Pods with air release valves included
- Side compression straps with custom Giant Loop molded rubber grab handles
- Super tough, highly water-resistant vinyl tarp outer shell reinforced with ballistic nylon
- Beavertail and cinch ring with side-release buckled compression straps that integrate with double-end Rogue Dry Bag and Tillamook Dry Bag (available separately)
- Lash loops to attach Possible Pouch external pockets to back, side or front of Saddlebag “legs”
- Separate mounting and compression straps for easy gear access
- Reinforced Roll Top closure
- Cable lock pass-through to secure bag to bike while parked. Optional cables and locks available here.
- Reflective accents for visibility
- 1 Hot Springs Heat Shield (laser-cut aluminum + stainless steel clamp) included
- Military-spec materials and construction
- Limited Lifetime Warranty against defects
- Made in U.S.A.
- Weight: 6 lbs with all included components
Dimensions (fully packed):
- 56″ – bottom of pannier, across top to bottom of other pannier bucket - "Basically the same as before, with a little more “doming” on top due to increased “front to back” distance."
- 10″ – height of bag in top center - "Again, the difference here is mostly a result of the “front to back” measurement below allowing the top to arc more when stuffed full."
- 6″ – distance from inside to outside of pannier bucket bottom - "This dimension didn’t change – I think this is simply a more accurate measurement taken at very bottom of the “leg.”
- 14″ – front to back in top center - "This is where/why we picked up an additional 10 liters of volume (60 vs. 50), by adding nearly 2″ in this plane. No change in the way the bag mounts or rides, just a bit roomier for sleeping bags and other lightweight, bulky gear in the top."
- Outer shell: 22 oz. vinyl coated polyester reinforced with ballistic nylon
- Military-spec fasteners
- Custom-woven ballistic webbing on lower anchor straps
- Nylike webbing compression straps
Note: For all 1090 thru 1290 Adventure owners consider purchasing Giant Loop's Passenger Handle Removal Kit for ease of mounting