Motion Pro's Steering Stem Bearing Tool is another great tool for the garage mechanic. Installing and removing the lower tapered bearing on a set of triple clamps usually requires multiple tools including a hydraulic press, not anymore. This tool allows the home mechanic the ability of removing and installing the lower tapered steering stem bearing without a garage of expensive tools. A couple open end metric wrenches, wire cutters and a mallet are all you need.
- Removes and installs tapered roller bearing at base of steering stem
- Fits most motorcycles with tapered roller bearing at base of steering stem
- Includes 26 mm, 28 mm, 30-31 mm, 35-36 mm race protectors for installing bearing race
- Blue anodized bearing protectors are made from 6061 billet aluminum and laser etched for easy identification
- Compact design to fit within steering stops on lower triple clamp
- Removal process requires cutting outer sheet metal cage from bearing assembly
- Protects steering stem during bearing removal and installation process